Donation checks, made payable to VOICES of Stephenson County, may be mailed to:
PO Box 462
Freeport, IL 61032
To make a credit card donation by phone, call VOICES at 815-235-9421.
Honorariums and Memorials
Mark a special occasion with an honorarium or acknowledge the loss of someone special with a memorial.
Stock, Real Estate, and Insurance Policies
Gifts of these capital assets are welcome.
Donated items support our clients and their families who are building new lives in the community or in our shelter. We look forward to working with you to ensure that items meet the needs of our survivors.
VOICES appreciates the many in-kind and non-monetary donations we receive.
All Items Must Be New.
Our Wish List
- Toilet Paper, 4 or 6 packs
- Paper Towels
- Feminine Hygiene Products, Especially Tampons
- Body Wash (Non-Gender Specific or Women’s)
- Deodorant (Women’s)
- Body Lotion
- Hair Conditioner
- Hairbrushes, Picks, Combs
- Toothpaste (Full-Size Tubes)
- Shaving Cream/Gel (Women’s & Men’s)
- Hygiene Wipes
- Over-the-Counter Medications (Pain Reliever, Allergy Medicine, Antihistamines, Cough Drops, etc.)
- Nail Clippers, Emery Boards
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
- Fabric Softener
- Dish and Hand Soap
- Swiffer Wet & Dry Cloths
- All-Purpose Cleaner & Disinfectant Spray
- Kitchen Trash Bags
- Ziploc Bags
- Diapers, especially sizes 5 & 6
- Baby Wipes
- Aluminum Foil & Plastic Wrap
- Women’s Bras, Underwear, Socks and Leggings – Varied Sizes
- Children’s Socks, Underwear and Leggings – Varied Sizes
- Women’s, Children’s and Men’s Hooded Sweatshirts & Sweatpants, T-shirts – Varied Sizes
- Slippers (Women’s and Children’s) – Varied Sizes
- Quality Writing Journals & Stress Balls
- Hand-held Video Games for Children and Tweens
- Gift Cards from JoAnn Fabrics and Oriental Trading Post for Children’s Art Project Supplies
- Gift Cards for Cub Foods, Sullivan’s Foods, Walmart & Aldi
- Gas Cards for Mobil and FasMart
- Gift Cards from Staples & Wagner’s Office Supply for prevention programs
- Pretzel City Area Transit Fare Cards – 815-235-7433
- Gift Certificates for Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services
VOICES prefers new clothing but will accept some gently used items. Because of the limited space available, we are able to accept a maximum of three bags of new clothing and one bag of like new clothing, per donor per month.
Items Not Accepted
Due to the safety and health of our clients and staff, we cannot accept some items. We are unable to accept used stuffed animals, old televisions, microwaves, computers, cribs, high chairs, child car seats, used undergarments or any items damaged by smoke, water, odor, or stains.
Cell Phone Donations
VOICES accepts any and all cell phones. These phones are used in one of two ways. Some are refurbished and given to survivors to use to call 911, increasing their safety and ability to communicate. Phones that are not working or are too costly to activate are sold to a recycler. Funds generated by cell phone donations are used for client necessities such as personal hygiene items, toilet paper, food and transportation to services. You can donate phones at the following locations:
- VOICES Book Nook – Lincoln Mall, Freeport
- State Bank – 1718 S. Dirck Dr., Freeport
- Cornerstone Credit Union – 550 W. Meadows Dr., Freeport
- Crossroads Community Church –1668 Crossroads Lane North, Freeport
If your business or group is interested in sponsoring a donation drive for VOICES, please call 815-235-9421 for more information on our most pressing needs.